History

Clyde Companies is proud to continue its heritage as one of the oldest and strongest construction and building material organizations in the Intermountain West and Great Plains regions.

1926
WW CLYDE

WW CLYDE

The Clyde business ventures started with the formation of WW Clyde, a heavy civil construction contractor providing construction services throughout the Intermountain West.
1937
UTAH SERVICE

UTAH SERVICE

W.W. Clyde purchased a small service station in Springville, UT. Right next door, he went on to establish Utah Service adding a hardware store and lumber yard. This business would later become Sunroc Corporation and Sunpro, formerly Sunroc Building Materials.

1954
GENEVA ROCK

GENEVA ROCK

Geneva Rock Products was formed to provide ready-mix concrete for the Wasatch Front community. They would eventually add asphalt, sand and gravel products, and a variety of construction services including excavation, utility work and paving to their repertoire.

1961
BEEHIVE INSURANCE

BEEHIVE INSURANCE

Beehive Insurance Agency was created to serve the insurance needs of the construction industry and local businesses.

1997
CLYDE COMPANIES INC.

CLYDE COMPANIES INC.

Clyde Companies, Inc. was formed to centralize many administrative support functions and to create a unified leadership platform to guide the various business entities owned and operated by the Clyde family moving forward.

1999
Sunroc Ready Mix Concrete Delivery

SUNROC CORPORATION

Sunroc Corporation was created to grow beyond the Utah Service hardware store and service station, expanding to nearly 50 building material operations, retail hardware locations, aggregate facilities, construction offices, asphalt plants and concrete facilities throughout Utah, Nevada, Idaho and Wyoming.

2009
Sunpro Lindon Truss Factory

SUNPRO

In response to rapid growth, Sunroc Corporation divided its operations and created Sunpro, formerly known as Sunroc Building Materials to continue to expand the building material side of the business.

2014
GWC CAPITAL

GWC CAPITAL

GWC Capital, which was originally named Clyde Properties, is the land development arm of Clyde Companies. It was created to provide residential, commercial, and mixed-use lots ready for vertical construction. In strategic partnerships with sister companies, GWC Capital is a catalyst for growth and sustainable work.

2018
CERTIFIED INSURANCE SERVICES

CERTIFIED INSURANCE SERVICES

Founded in 1991, Certified Insurance Services was acquired by Beehive Insurance. With offices in St. George and Cedar City, the well-respected company extended the insurance arm of Clyde Companies into Southern Utah.

2018
SCOTT CONTRACTING

SCOTT CONTRACTING

Clyde Companies entered the Colorado market with the acquisition of Denver-based heavy civil contractor, Scott Contracting. Scott Contracting was established in 1995 and shares many of the same core competencies and values of Clyde Companies.

2020
old Depatco logo

DEPATCO

Sunroc expands into western Idaho with the acquisition of Depatco in Idaho Falls, Idaho.

2021
Blount Construction

BLOUNT CONTRACTING

WW Clyde expands with the acquisition of Blount Contracting in Arizona.

2021
IHC Quality and Scott Contracting are now IHC Scott

INTERSTATE HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION

Clyde Companies purchases Interstate Highway Construction and combined them with their subsidiary company, Scott Contracting, to form IHC Scott.